Thursday, December 8, 2011

Buckingham Palace

Yesterday I arrived in London, and I had a personal chauffeur to meet me at the airport- he even had my name on a sign- it made me feel very posh. After checking in at my hotel, I walked down the street to Buckingham Palace. I just missed the parade, but I got to see the arrival of two horse-drawn carriages carrying people in very fancy hats to visit the queen. Quite exciting!
Then I went back to my room and fell asleep. When I woke up it was dark and I didn't know if it was 7:00 at night or in the morning. Turns out it was at night, thank goodness- I didn't sleep for 14 hours straight!

Today I took the train to Brighton and met up with Ann. We walked down by the sea cliffs and were nearly blown over- very high winds here right now. Tomorrow we explore Brighton more. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment